De-stress from Work. Bring Massage to your Home!
Our daily lives often leave us feeling alienated from ourselves and others. Stress from work, family, economic uncertainties & multilevel tasking take their toll over time. Tension gradually finds its way into our body & mind, leaving us taxed and drained.
If you & your partner are keen on supporting each other to decompress from the demands of work, all that is required is a commitment to an evening or weekend’s time to integrate practical hands on de-stressing tools. Kris would love to be your personalized guide in empowering you & your partner to be more comfortable giving & receiving a variety of massage styles, especially to those chronic areas that you tend to accumulate tension.
Please keep in mind that this is not an advertisement for romantic or sexual style massage. This is a class to learn massage techniques and skills to use with your partner.
Learning from Kris with over 35 years of experience teaching massage to professionals & amateurs, you will accelerate in your learning process. The skills gained from the couple’s massage classes become part of your R & R routine for de-stressing yourself or your partner at home. This gift is truly transformational and will provide you both the longevity of a gift that keeps on giving!!
- You’ll receive encouragement, integrating some of the most effective styles of bodywork for decompressing. Basic level acupressure & deep tissue bodywork will be learned for the scalp, neck & shoulders. You’ll complete the tutoring session with a nurturing back massage!
- Both you & your partner will be given lots of hands on practice & personal attention. You’ll be provided notes so that you can focus in class.
- You’ll gain confidence & awareness about body mechanics to avoid muscle strain & fatigue.
- You’ll gain versatility working from a chair, floor or bed.
- You’ll learn massage techniques known only to pros in the massage field.
- You’ll learn to do bodywork depending not only on your thumbs and hands but upon your elbows, knees or feet. This is important for women to have sustained strength and leverage working on their more mates.
- For most of the massage in class, you will be fully clothed, so wear loose fitting clothing. There will be some disrobing when working on the back. Proper draping will be introduced.
After decades of teaching couples massage, Kris has been witness to the life enhancing benefits of couples making skillful massage a part of their weekly caring behaviors. She’s seen the perks of these tangible hands on bonding skills reduce conflict & open up more compassion and receptivity between couples.
Customized couples massage tutoring are available to straight & gay couples at Kris’s spacious & attractive clinics located in NE Seattle or Federal Way.
Couples Massage tutoring sessions are a way of learning with your partner one on one with the massage instructor. Some couples prefer the cozy comfort of working on their own being guided by Kris. The private massage tutoring sessions can be arranged at an hourly rate of $75. Classes are available evenings or weekends. Most couples book from 2 to 4 hours to integrate a number of chronic tension areas so they both get to practice customized techniques on one another.
Maple Leaf Professional Building
7812 Lake City Way
Seattle, WA 98115
Both the clinic room and teaching space are available for tutoring.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10 am to 7 pm
Alternative Saturdays from 11 am to 5 pm
Federal Way Naturopathy Clinic:
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11 am to 7pm
Kris is available to answer your questions & support you in feeling more comfortable with doing hands on bodywork with your best friend!
Couples massage classes are available in the Seattle metropolitan area.